Thursday, January 21, 2016

Last transfer, last days

Testing out if you can open a freezer from the inside
Hello family and friends! 

My Final Transfer
This week starts the beginning of my very last transfer of my mission and Sister Richins and I get to spend it here together in Moorhead! I plan to make this last transfer my best one yet and work harder than I ever have on my mission.

This last week was great.  We met lots of amazing people and taught 17 lessons!  That is the most I have ever taught in one week on my mission. 

C is doing really well and she wants to be baptized; however, we don't know if she is moving here or going back to Minneapolis. Please pray that she will receive guidance on what she needs to do. She said either way, she is joining the church.  She is one of my favorite people!

K is also doing great. Her children are adorable! We are so excited for her baptism next month! 

In my first area, Bemidji, I told you about Brother and Sister Tadlock.  Sister Tadlock made us breakfast and let us do our laundry at her house.  Well, her husband is on the high council and came to speak in our ward on Sunday because we are in the same stake now.  It was so fun to see him.  Anyway, he announced to the whole ward during sacrament meeting that they need to feed the missionaries, "especially Sister Park because she sings."  He told them how I served in bemidji for many months and that I sing really well. Well, now our whole dinner calendar for the rest of the month is full! Thank you, Brother Tadlock!

Following the Spirit in the Last Days
Lately I have been studying how to recognize and follow the spirit in these last days, and having more effective scripture study to know what I should do. It seems to be coming up in everything I do and so I know it is something that Heavenly Father wants me to learn.  I realized how much of a help the scriptures are to us in these crazy latter days. The Book of Mormon, especially, is very similar to what we are experiencing now.  History seems to repeat itself. When I read the Book of Mormon, I find myself reading about situations that I can liken to today's world, and even my personal life. We are taught what to do in difficult situations and how to overcome spiritual bondage. I challenge you all to read the Book of Mormon with a specific question or concern in mind and listen to what the spirit tells you as it teaches you what to do in your situation. I believe that not only will we learn how to handle personal troubles but many people will also receive guidance on what they can do to help many people during these dark last days in the fight of good against evil.  It really is time to choose sides and to determine if we will be on the side of Lord.  We cannot serve two masters.  We can't claim to be on the Lord's side while supporting evil or even turning a blind eye to evil.  Those who choose to serve the Lord will be persecuted but will triumph in the end; we are given this promise.  I told you a few weeks ago I have been reading Jesus the Christ in conjunction with the gospels.  In Matthew chapter 5, when speaking to the disciples in the Sermon on the Mount, the Lord said:

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

In Jesus the Christ, James E. Talmage explains that these blessings probably will only be realized in the next life but we can still find happiness in living this now because we can have the consciousness of knowing that we are doing what is right.  I have been in a lot of uncomfortable situations on my mission; but I have found comfort in these scriptures knowing that being uncomfortable now for the Lord's sake means having joy in the life to come.

I love you all. Have a spirit filled week!

Sister Park

My awesome district :)





No comments: