Monday, February 22, 2016

Run Hard Past the Finish Line!

5 areas, 13 transfers, 18 months, one week to go...Hello! So this is week 6 of my transfer. I have officially been out for 18 months as of Saturday. I cannot believe I go home next week.. It just doesn't seem real at all. 

Just us awesome sister missionaries
This week was wonderful! We are teaching a new investigator.  She has a lot of health problems and just had surgery. She grew up Amish and was extremely healthy, so when she went to college, was on her own and was exposed to processed foods and such, it attacked her immune system. She is very humble and spiritual and has a lot of faith. She is very receptive to being taught and we are excited to keep teaching her. 

Friday was an incredible day! One of my favorite people in the world came to visit me here in Fargo! A little back story... Wednesday night we had to call the assistants to the president to ask some questions and get some things approved, like to call certain people for referrals in other zones. Well, while we were on the phone, I asked permission to call Beth Humphrey from Bemidji. (I taught her husband while I was serving there and he was baptized right after I left.) The AP asked my reasons for wanting to call her and as I stated my reasons, he said usually they would say no but they decided to let me! So the next morning, before I could call her, Beth texted me! She got a hold of our number and asked if we could meet her for dinner friday night, as she would be in fargo. I immediately called her and told her that I got permission to call her. She took us to lunch and it was wonderful! I did not take pictures, I was having too much fun.... haha. It was so much fun and I got to find out when her and Ryan are getting sealed so I can be there!

(Kendall didn't take pictures but Beth
put this on Facebook)

Kelly was baptized last weekend. I am so happy for her!  She is such a great mom and just an awesome person all-around.
Kelly and her cute family the day she was baptized
Me, Sister Richins, and Kelly just before her baptism

One of the things that brings me the most joy in life is seeing the wonderful people I teach progress in the gospel. There is no greater feeling knowing that I can be a part of their lives during this amazing transformation. My mission has shaped my life for the better because of these people and because of the Lord and I could not be more grateful! 

Next week is my last week as a missionary and I fly home Friday so I get one more P day...but don't think I am done yet! I plan to work harder than ever for the next week and a half.  There have been times on my mission where I have worked so hard that I felt I could not take another step or keep myself going another second.  My feet have been frozen to the point that I could not feel them, I have been discouraged with myself if I don't think I am doing a good enough job.  I have been sick and tired and all wanted to do was to lay down. But every single one of those times, the Savior has been there to pick up the slack. Knowing that he is always there to carry me forward when I am trying my hardest is what keeps me going every single day. He has not only done this on my mission but throughout my whole life.  I know he does this for each of you too.  Keep going, keep trying and giving it your all. I know you can make it through because you will not have to do it alone. Christ descended below all things and suffered for every heartache in the world to redeem us and to show us that we can do hard things too.  If Christ could endure all that he did, we can definitely endure what we are given in this life. We have been given the promise "I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee... (Joshua 1:5)." 

Because of what Christ did for me, I will finish strong. I hope that I can be confident like Paul and say "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith (2 Timothy 4:7)."  So even though I am excited to see all of you, I promise to not get distracted or slow down for my last few days.  I will run hard past the finish line!

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

I love you all.

Sister Park 




No comments: