Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sister Tadlock from our ward let us borrow this Christmas tree and
Sister Humphrey helped us make these beautiful stockings!
Hello Family!

This will be the shortest email ever, sorry!  We have lots to do today!



This week we have been busy planning the musical fireside that we are putting together on December 13th.  Sister Springer and I are singing Oh Holy Night and I am playing guitar.  Elder Wendell and I are doing a guitar duet to Silent Night while one of the members with a great voice sings.  I wish you all could come and hear us!



For Thanksgiving we have three dinner appointments.  We are eating with the Wilkeys, some of my FAVORITE people in the world! They're a Native America couple and Sister Wilkey is Navajo and

from Farmington!  They are so awesome!  We are also going to a part-member family, the Molash's and then to the Bushnell's, a family that moved here from Arizona!

Oh guess what! I never told you this but up here, people don't say lunch and dinner! They say dinner and supper! So lunch is called dinner here and dinner is called supper! I'm still not used to it! It throws me off when we get invited over for dinner at noon!

We also have somewhere to go for Christmas already so you don't have to worry about me, Mom.  I love it up here. I love all the people.  I am having so much fun and loving my mission!

This Thanksgiving week I am trying to focus a little more on gratitude.  And since Christmas is right around the corner I am focusing my gratitude on the Savior and all He has done for us.  The best gift
that God gave us is sending His Son, and the best gift His Son gave us is the Atonement.  Because of Christ and His Atonement I can be happy even when things aren't going right...I can have hope that even on the worst day, tomorrow will bring happier times...  I can feel loved even when I don't do everything I should be doing... I know there is someone out there who loves me unconditionally and wants me to succeed... I can do all the hard things that I don't think are possible...and because of the Atonement I have a reason to try a little harder to be a little better every single day.  What a blessing! 

Heavenly Father loves us and wants to continue to bless us but we need to show gratitude for all He has already given us.  It's easy to forget what we have and complain about what we don't have.  But
when we are grateful for our blessings we are much happier! Prayers should be 90% thanking and 10% asking. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Sister Park

Sister Springer gave me another haircut.  I'm like Posh Spice now.



 

No comments: