Monday, December 1, 2014

"Lord, is it I?"

Yeah, it's COLD here!  But we are loving life!
Hello! I am glad to say that I am officially done with the twelve week program and I am not a "greenie" anymore even though I still feel like it at times. Luckily though, Sister Springer and I get to stay together for another transfer. We are so happy because we make a great team and we weren't ready to be separated yet. We have so much fun together.

Four Thanksgiving Dinners
So this past week was thanksgiving and it was honestly my favorite Thanksgiving ever.  We were invited over for four dinners.  Needless to say we could barely walk and were sick by the end of the day but it was worth it!   First we went to the Molash's. They are an awesome part member/ less active family that we are working with and Kirsten, the mom, is so much fun! She likes to take selfies with me.  I love her daughters, too. They are so adorable!  

After the Molash's, we went to Bishop Habedank's house for another Thanksgiving dinner and we were already so stuffed. It was terrible but we ate more anyway! Bishop made me listen to John Denver sing silent night with the Muppets. He loves the muppets and was sad because I have never seen it. After we listened to it, Sister Springer and I sang silent night for Bishop and his family and he told us that we were better than the muppets so honestly I feel pretty accomplished. ;)
 
After we were done there, we went over to the Wilkey's, an awesome Native American couple. We were so happy to hear that Brother Wilkey quit drinking coffee and Sister Wilkey quit smoking. They are doing so amazing! They have come such a long way and are progressing towards being sealed.  I hope I can be there when they are. They are very very special people!
 
After that we went to the Bushnell's, a family that moved here from Arizona.  It was a lot of fun but we went home feeling so sick!!  Not because of their food but we were already feeling a little sick in the morning and then we ate too much.  Basically, we were inside all week because we were sick. First it was pink eye and then fevers and colds. No fun at all!

Primary Program
We got prescriptions for the pink eye and managed to get to church yesterday for the ward's primary program. It was so cute! At the end, Bishop went up and sat by all the kids on the stage and then he got up and told all the kids to stand in front of the podium and invited each child up to shake his hand and tell them thank you.  I have never seen that done before but I thought it was such a special thing for him to do. The spirit is always so strong with little kids. We could all feel Christ's love in the room when they sang the song, "The Family is of God." Everyone was crying. Children are so special. They bring a special spirit to the room. I loved it.

"Lord, is it I?"
Lately I have been studying several of the conference talks and one of my favorites is "Live the Gospel Joyful" by President Uchtdorf.  In his talk he reminds us that we are all daughters of God with great potential and great blessings promised to us.  Because he is our eternal Father, He wants what is best for us.  But more than that, He also wants us to choose what is best for us.  He has given us free agency and He wants us to use it to do good things.   He also wants to bless us.  Not just sometimes but all the time!  In fact, He pours blessings on us 24/7.  Don't block them by doubting Him and allowing pride to take control. Sometimes we can be so stubborn that we don't recognize when Heavenly Father is trying to bless us.  I also loved President Uchtdorf's talk from the Priesthood Session, "Lord, is it I?"  Pride can destroy us.  It can destroy our hopes and dreams.  It can block the blessings Heavenly Father intends for us.  We must ask ourselves like the apostles at the last supper, "Lord, is it I?"  It's easy to see the faults in others.  But focusing on what we can do better can open up opportunities for blessings and miracles.  As missionaries we have to apply this to our companionships all the time!  Pride could easily destroy a companionship because we are together constantly.  Don't worry about whether or not the people around you are choosing the right.  Just do everything you can do to improve.  Blessings and miracles will follow!

James 4:10- "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."

Have a great week!  And pray that I don't get frost bite!  And tune in to Youtube on December 7th!  The church is sponsoring Youtube that day and there will be lots of good uplifting videos to watch!

Love,

Sister Park

No comments: