Monday, January 5, 2015

If Ye Love Me, Feed My Sheep

Last week with my trainer :(
Hello! How is everyone? I am doing great here in Bemidji! It's cold here lately. You know, a good old -20. My nose hairs freeze in ten seconds within walking outside. It is pretty crazy.

So this past week was a little uneventful since I was sick the all week. I got a terrible cold and an ear infection. I have no idea why I am always getting sick up here...probably because it is -20 right?  I had a terribly high fever during district meeting on Friday and apparently I kind of passed out so Sister Springer had me lay down on the floor and my district "nursed me back to health".  I'm not sure why but they covered me with their jackets, scarfs, hats, and napkins. They even turned up the heat in the relief society room.  I guess I was shivering because of the fever.

They took good care of me, bless their hearts!

Here I am at the doctor.  I got antibiotics and ear drops so
I am on the road to recovery!
On Saturday we got transfer calls. We accidentally missed the call at first, but we decided to not call back because we were in denial but we got the call again and its happening. Sister Springer is getting transferred to Gillette, Wyoming to be a sister training leader.  I know she will be amazing because she was the best trainer I could have hoped for.  My new companion will be Sister Haycock. We will pick her up tomorrow in Fargo when we drop off Sister Springer.
 
So in the middle of the week when I was feeling a little better (it was the eye of the hurricane), we got to go ice fishing. Ice fishing! can you believe it!? It was so much fun. We didn't catch anything but I still loved it.
 
Ice Fishing!
Being in a lot this week allowed me to have some real quality study time.  I have been thinking a lot about the importance of visiting teaching lately.  Mainly because it is something we struggle with in our ward the past couple of months and I wanted to find out how to better help us get our visiting teaching and home teaching numbers up.  In John 21:15-17 it says:

15 ¶So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
 
 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
 
Jesus Christ loves each one of us and relies on us to take care of each other.  It's sad because many of us have missionary opportunities but we allow busy schedules, hard feelings or little pet peeves to get in the way of showing compassion and love to those people who need it.  So many sisters would come to church if they had great visiting teachers and friends.  Many people have very little light in their lives and they need help finding that light.  Sometimes it is easy to spot when someone is struggling but sometimes their temporal lives are going great so we think they don't need us.  Just because people appear to be doing fine doesn't mean they don't need the light of Christ in their lives and to be fellowshipped through visiting teaching.  Also remember that you are all missionaries and visiting teaching is a HUGE form of missionary work- even for sisters who are already active in the church.  Think of who you visit teach and who your companion is.  Heavenly Father knows that you need them and they need you.  Make 100% visiting teaching one of your New Year's resolutions!
 
I love you, family!
 
Until next time,
 
Sister Park










No comments: