Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Smiling through it all

Still happy no matter what!
Hello everybody... What a week! It was a little bit slow but we still had good times! :)
We are still doing lots of tracting this last week just trying to build up our teaching pool.  On Friday after district meeting we had to get an oil change.  The tire place here is in the part of town where all the stores are at, and hardly any houses close by, so we decided to do some contacting in target. Have you ever tried to talk to random people about the gospel in a store? It is really hard.  That whole experience was very interesting. 
 
A good part (maybe not so good, we will see haha) of the week was when we got a call from the zone leaders. They asked me if I would speak at zone conference, coming up this week.  I will be speaking on "The power and authority of your calling".  Of course when they asked, I automatically felt inadequate. I can't give a talk in front of President and Sister Anderson and the assistants. No way! But I told the zone leaders yes without hesitation and thanked them for the opportunity. They told me they felt prompted to ask me and I don't doubt that one bit so I am happy to do it. I have been extremely humbled while preparing the talk. It is only a three minute long talk, of course, but that is three minutes of pure revelation! I know Heavenly Father wants me to closer study that section of Preach My Gospel. I have already learned so much, and I truly am grateful for the opportunity. I am so excited for zone conference to spend time with the other missionaries and with President and Sister Anderson.
 
This week was rough.  One thing we are seeing a lot of is that of Isaiah's prophecy.  "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."  Satan is working hard on people and causing them to believe that good things are "uncool" and that bad things are good.  It is so sad that righteous beliefs are being portrayed as evil right now.  
 
Another prophesy that we have seen fulfilled recently is that in 2 Nephi chapter 29.  We have many promising investigators who struggle with believing that Christ visited the Americas and that the Book of Mormon is scripture.  We have our work cut out for us right now and we will just keep working hard.

I love you all! Thanks for your examples, prayers, and faith.
Sister Park
This is a sundog.  It happens when it is very cold.  Two rainbows on either side of the sun.

This is my zone.  One of the elders (from Tasmania) put a stuffed Tasmanian devil on my shoulder.

Tracting in sub-zero temps.  Right now it is a tropical 30 degrees though.

No comments: