Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Good Cold Fun!

Me and some of my MTC comps
 We did a lot of tracting again this last week and we almost got frostbite.  We were out in -20 and apparently you can get frostbite within a short amount of time when it's been that cold.  In this picture we were about 5 minutes from getting frostbite on our faces so we had to stop.  We are supposed to get down to -45 tomorrow.  Yikes!
This is what it looks like 5 minutes before your face gets frostbite
One of the guys that was on date for baptism on March 21 moved to Minot, North Dakota so the elders over there are taking care of him now.  But on Sunday we found two new investigators.   They are two college boys from Bemidji State who are very sincere about learning.  They think the Restoration message is a little crazy so I said, "Trust me, I know. But I was a college student just like you before I came out on my mission and there is no way I would put my life on hold for 18 months if what we just told you isn't true."  The spirit was so strong! We will teach them again this week.

On Saturday the elders had a baptism for a woman named Kayla so and they asked Sister Haycock and I to speak.  I spoke on baptism and told a story about Jagger and Jersy on their baptism day and how excited they were.  I told them that when they went into the dressing room afterwards they both shouted, "We're members of the church now!"  I also shared Mosiah 3: 19 and talked about what it means to be humble and meek like a child. It made me miss the twins so much.  I wish I could be just like them.  They are both amazing little people.

Mom, thanks for sending the stuff to make homemade Valentine's cards.  On Valentines Day we made cards for all of our neighbors that said "Happy Valentine's Day! Always remember that you are loved! John 15:12-13" with a picture of Christ in it.

John 15: 12-15 says:

"12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
 
 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
 
 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you."
 
It seems like any time I have heard these verses in the past, I focused on verse 12 and how I should love others because the Savior has shown love.  That is so true and we really should love one another. But this time, as we were filling out the Valentine's Day cards, I looked at these verses differently.  The Savior does give us the commandment to Love One Another but He also tells us how much He loves us.  He loves us completely and laid down His life for us but asks for nothing in return except that we love each other.  I know that Valentine's Day can be lonely for some people but every one of us has someone who loves us more than we can ever know.  When we are in our darkest, loneliest hour is the time that the Savior is reaching out to us the most.  His love can get us through anything. That is the message we wanted to share with our neighbors- that they are loved and that there is always hope.

Shout-outs
Mom, thanks for ordering the purse.  It is so nice and I love the color and it holds all of my things perfectly.  Aunt Tonya, Grams and Mac, and Grandma and Grandpa Wellman, thank you so much for the Valentine cards and gifts.  I love you all so much!

Love,

Sister Park

No comments: