Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Great Last Week in Bemidji

Me with R, M, and S
Hello! So if you couldn't tell from the subject line, this past week was my last week in Bemidji, Minnesota. We got the transfer calls on Saturday and I will be going to Dickinson, North Dakota- right in the middle of the oil boom.  My companion, Sister Capson is the sister training leader for the Bismarck zone.  They used to have sisters in Dickinson not long ago and then took them out but now because the population is growing so much they are putting sisters back in so I am pink washing again!

Bye, Bemidji.... :(
I will miss Bemidji so much though. I don't even know how to leave these amazing people.  They have become my family and I love each of them so much.  This weekend was emotional.  This past seven months has been the happiest time of my life and I really don't know what to say that will give justice to how I feel about this place.  Missions are awesome but they are also a cruel trick.  Seven months of building relationships and caring for people and now I have to leave just like that.  I was never prepared for how much I would grow to love this place and the people here.  Bemidji and these people will always have a special place in my heart and I can't wait to come back and visit after my mission. 


One of my best friends, Jackson.  This was a great day. 
He just climbed up in my lap.  I love him and will miss him
along with all the other awesome people in Bemidji.

Me and R

Me and M
You know how they tell us missionaries that there are
people we knew in the pre-existence and we made promises to
find them on earth and teach them the gospel?  Well that is M.
I'm confident I have known him for a long time.
R and M are awesome.  When they found out I was getting transferred they were sad and they both grabbed me and gave me big hugs.  They said they don't care about mission rules haha. 

A goodbye miracle
A LOT of miracles happened last week, but for the sake of time, I will tell the one that just happened yesterday.  R's friend M came to church which was awesome because he was supposed to work but they ended up giving him the day off. That alone was a miracle. There was a baptism afterwards so we invited him to stay and he accepted. After the opening prayer of the baptism, M turned to me and whispered, "I just prayed..." I was shocked!  Because remember, M has struggled with his belief in God after everything he went through during his time in the military.  I looked at him and said, "Wait, you did?" And he said, "Yes I did and I felt something." This is coming from the guy who stopped praying three years ago because he felt like he was talking to himself.  But this time he didn't feel that way. He felt something!  During the baptism, I had a bold moment and said to M, who wasn't even really planning on being baptized at this point, "When you get baptized, it will be just like that. The way you feel right now."  After the baptism he explained what he felt. He said it was a warmth in his heart and he couldn't stop shaking. He felt as though he was on the verge of tears but wasn't going to cry. It wasn't going away either. He felt calm. He had made the decision right then, that he is going to get baptized. It was a miracle and one of the best goodbye presents ever!

M felt alone when he prayed before. He thought it was hopeless.  But everything that has happened to him, all the trials and sadness, led him to that few minutes yesterday where he was compelled to just pray in the moment.  He decided to exercise faith yesterday and experienced a life-changing miracle. I testify to you that Heavenly Father is completely aware of each of you and understands what you are going through.  Never lose faith in Him.  When you are struggling with something, pray. It is such a simple principle that we teach and learn from the time we are little kids. But it is true. God is so anxious to answer our prayers. He is our Father in Heaven. He loves us.

Because He Lives
Everyone be sure you watch the new "Because He Lives" video! It is amazing! Think about what miracles you have witnessed because He lives.  Because He lives, I know that one day I will get to see Ryan and Beth and Will and Jackson sealed in the temple for eternity. Because He lives, M was able to pray again and feel that he was being listened to and know that Heavenly Father loves him.  Because He lives, death is not permanent.  It is temporary and I know that we will see our loved ones who have passed on again.  Because He lives, we can pick ourselves up and go on during the darkest times of our lives - even when we think we can't take anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZqTRSVA1YA


I love you all! Next time I email you I will be in beautiful NORTH DAKOTA!

Love, Sister Park

No comments: