Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Will of the Father

Hello! Not much has happened since Wednesday when I emailed last but that's okay! Wednesday was busy, we had to do our P- day things for most of the day, like cleaning, grocery shopping, getting the car washed, etc.  On Thursday we did our weekly planning and I had to prepare my training for our Zone Training Meeting (ZTM) the next day.  We also taught our investigator "R" on Thursday.  He is doing great.  We pushed his baptism date back a couple of weeks to give us time to finish all the lessons. He is excited for his baptism! He told us he might not go to church on Sunday because he was going to go fishing. So we promised him that if he came to church he would catch more fish. So he came!  He is a professional chef so he cooked for us and brought food to the lesson.  It was so delicious! 

Guess what!  Carol M. Stephens of the General Relief Society Presidency found out about Tessa and her story and she to conduct an interview about it.  She got Tessa tickets to the next general conference and we think she might talk about her in her conference talk.  Tessa's story would make a great talk!

On Sunday I spoke in church again and this time they asked me to speak on eternal marriage.  I kind of laughed because I'm a full time missionary speaking about eternal marriage and that is just funny.  I got up to give my talk and said, "As I was trying to prepare this talk I kept getting stuck and then I realized that I am such a missionary because I don't even think about marriage right now so I really had to rely on the spirit to even know what to say."  Everyone thought it was funny.  I went on to give my talk and based it on the "eternal marriage" lesson commitments in Preach My Gospel. 


Glendive Zone Conference.  I love that we are up to 4 sisters now!
Friday was ZTM.  I was so nervous to give a training but I think it went pretty well.  At least the spirit was very strong so that is a good sign. The training was about consecration and obedience and how if we love God, we will obey His commandments willingly.

In 3 Nephi 27: 13 it says: Behold I have given unto you my gospel, and this is the gospel which I have given unto you- that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me. 
 
Simple as that.  Christ came into the world to do the will of the Father. 

3 Nephi 27: 21 says: Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;

Christ tells us to do that which we have seen Him do. So we are also to do the will of the Father. We can do that by being obedient to ALL of His commandments.  We should always remember why we are here on this earth.  We are not here to become rich and successful.  We are not here to have fun all the time. Yes, Heavenly Father wants us to be happy while we are here. But He knows that our best source of happiness is through striving for eternal things and through obedience to His commandments.

I loved giving this training because I learned about how I can consecrate myself more. I love this gospel and I know that it is Christ's true church upon the earth.

Shout-outs
Great Grandma Slade, Grams & Mac, Aunt Tonya- thank you all so much for the letters, cards, and gifts.  I always appreciate it so much.  Aunt Tonya, I LOVE the poster your primary class made for me!  I hung it up on my wall by my bed. :)
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Sister Park

No comments: