Wednesday, September 2, 2015

"In His Strength, I Can Do All Things"


This is the church building in Ekalaka, one of the little towns we work in.
 It's basically just a double-wide with a steeple. 
I've never seen such a small church building before!
Hello! We had a wonderful week in Sidney!  I went on exchanges in Ekalaka with Sister Severe last week. She and her companion have only been here for four weeks but I knew they could take over this area already and they are doing great!  It's so nice to have another set of sisters so that Sister Miles and I can visit more people.  The work in Sidney is really exploding.  It's crazy to think that when we got here 10 weeks ago there was nothing going on; now we have 7 people on date for baptism, another set of sisters to help us cover everything and now we just found out they will be sending a set of Elders right here to Sidney next transfer so there will be Elders and Sisters right in this little town.  It is very much needed too because Sister Miles and I are struggling to handle all of the work by ourselves.  We are so exhausted by the end of the night!  I just can't believe how blessed we have been here.  It isn't us though- it is Heavenly Father blessing this area.  Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." 

Thursday night was crazy. I had just gotten back to Sidney from Ekalaka and we went to teach S from Persia. He had a friend over. Well, it would have been nice to know that his friend was an anti-Mormon baptist preacher! He called us accursed.  And was saying we are a cult and all that stuff. I was starting to get mad and had all kinds of things to say but when I tried to speak, I couldn't. The spirit literally was not letting me open my mouth because whatever was going to come out probably wouldn't have been very Christ-like.  Luckily, Sister Miles kept her cool and wasn't as fired up as me so she was able to bear such strong testimony about the Jesus Christ, the restored gospel, and Joseph Smith's role in restoring the gospel to the earth. I calmed down and tried to end the meeting with a prayer but the guy wouldn't pray with us. He started going off even more and yelling at us so Sister Miles and I both hopped up off the couch and just walked out of the house. But it was okay because we said a prayer when we got out to our car and were able to regain the spirit for our next appointment. 

Sunday was really amazing.  That morning I just knew something great was going to happen but didn't know what.  After sacrament meeting we start walking to Sunday school and man called us out to the hallway. He said, "Jeff brought his girlfriend to church and she wants to take the lessons." So we met C! C is the most adorable person I have ever met.  I instantly felt like we had met before and we talked like we've know each other forever.  She is like the most beautiful person I have ever seen- it's so weird and hard to describe.  She is probably in her late 40's or early 50's. She is so beautiful and just glows. She moved from Arizona and actually has a house in Vernon and owned a coffee shop in Show Low. Small world!  She had actually taken the missionary lessons in the past but was never baptized.  So that evening we ate dinner with them at another member's house and taught her the first lesson. She is so amazing! We are going to teach her again on Wednesday and hopefully put her on date for baptism soon. Please pray for C! She is so awesome and I love her already! 
 
In every area there is someone I know I was supposed to meet and I always feel like I have met that person before.  Well C is definitely that person in Sidney.  I know that since I met her I will probably get transferred because now I feel like I have done what I came here for.  I'm afraid I might pink wash again so pray that I stay healthy and have lots of energy! Alma 26:12- ".... in his strength I can do all things."
 
Love,
 
Sister Park

 

 



No comments: