Monday, September 14, 2015

Miracle of the North Dakota Temple

Sister Broberg, Sister Cavu, and me at zone conference
Hello Hello! It's been beautiful in Sidney, Montana! 

Honestly I could talk about my week but nothing unique happened. It was a little slower and we had to move some of our investigator's baptismal dates back so it was sad. So instead I am going to talk about meeting Elder Renlund of the seventy and how awesome my mission is! :)

Meeting with a General Authority
Elder Dale G. Renlund and his wife came and toured our mission. Yesterday I was able to meet with them at zone conference.  Elder Renlund said he came with three messages. The first was thank you from the First Presidency. The second was that I was called to this mission by revelation and prophecy and there is a reason why. He said that I have both the right and the obligation to find out why I am here in this mission. The third was that President and Sister Hess love all of us missionaries very much and that they are called from God. He also answered a lot of questions I have had lately.  It was just what I needed. 
Afterward there was a mini Mission leadership council for zone leaders and sister training leaders. The sister training leaders hardly said anything the whole time. A couple made a few small comments. I made none. I didn't even open my mouth the whole time. I have really struggled with being a sister training leader. The glendive zone has functioned for a very long time without sisters. It was an all elder zone until me and my companion came in and a couple more sisters joined us. Our zone leaders are very excellent missionaries and I just felt like they could handle the council all on their own. Sister Renlund came to me and a couple other STL's after the meeting and looked right at me and said, "you sisters should speak up in these meetings. The zone leaders can't receive all the revelation and that is why you are here. You are here for a reason." It was just what I needed to hear and I was very grateful for her. 
I love seeing President and Sister Hess. They know exactly what to say to me if I am having a hard week! President Hess complimented how I am always happy and smiling and told me its contagious! It made me smile even more! 

The Miracle of the North Dakota Temple
I love my mission. I am among the luckiest missionaries to be called to the North Dakota Bismarck mission. This mission is special.  I can just feel it.  The Lord is hastening His work here and amazing things are happening. When President Gordon B. Hinckley announced the Bismarck temple, nobody knew why. Bismarck only had one small ward and didn't even meet in a church building. Minot also had one small ward. Dickinson was a branch. Watford City had one LDS family.  Then when he dedicated the temple, President Hinckly said that the temple was not just for the people who were already there. It was also for the people who would come.  Then about 5 or 6 years after the dedication, the oil boom happened.   Now Bismarck and Dickinson each have two wards, Minot and Williston have three, Watford City is now a large ward.  Now in Sidney, which used to be a branch, the ward is growing rapidly and we can barely keep up with all the missionary work we have been blessed with here.  I am so blessed to be part of this choice area.  It is a historical time for the church and for North Dakota.  I wish I could stay on my mission longer to continue helping the work move along.  I wish I was a better missionary so I could help the work even more. 

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Sister Park 

No comments: