Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Cutting Deer Meat and Hitting a Deer with our Car

Hello! This past week was so busy but it was wonderful. We have slowly been getting busier and busier. This area has a lot of potential! MLC was so wonderful. We met with some men from the church missionary department to receive some special training that we will go and deliver to the rest of the mission soon.  We also attended the Bismarck Temple and was such a cool experience.  President and Sister Hess were in the Celestial Room to greet each of us.  There were 67 missionaries together in the Celestial Room...67 consecrated servants of the Lord.  The spirit was so strong.
We taught the "B" family this week. They have been inactive for many years and have a ten year old son "C" who is not yet baptized.  We taught them the Plan of Salvation because C has been asking many questions lately like "Why am I here?" and "Where did I come from?" He understood the Plan of Salvation very well and wants to be baptized so hopefully we will be putting him on date soon. When we got to their house they had just returned from hunting and invited us to help them cut their deer meet.  I don't think I would have done anything like that before my mission.  Montana is rubbing off on me. :)
Cutting deer meat
That was actually the second deer we slaughtered last week because we hit a huge deer driving home from Bismarck on Wednesday.  We were on the highway going about 60 mph in the dark and it jumped out right in front of us.  We didn't have time to slow down or get over but we were protected and didn't feel much of the impact.  It did take out a headlight and dent the front bumper; but we are safe!

I will have lots more to say next week.  This week we were in either receiving training or giving training so it was pretty busy!

Scripture of the week:
Alma 26: 37
Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.
Love, Sister Park 
 

No comments: