Wednesday, October 21, 2015

"They that are whole need not a physician, but they that are sick"

Hello! This week has been a little crazy... It was fantastic and miserable all at the same time. I will explain why.

Our miracle for the week was that for the first time since opening this area we found new investigators while out tracting.  This area has been tough but we have been working sooo hard and nothing less!  If it wasn't for agency, we would be teaching everyone in our area when you consider how many doors we have knocked on and the amount of street contacting we have done.  Last week an awesome couple, S and P let us in tracting and we taught them.  They are a funny older couplel who, after the first lesson, believed that Joseph Smith was a prophet so we set up a return appointment with them. 
 
On Thursday we went on exchanges with the Ekalaka sisters and that was excellent. I got to go with Sister Broberg. We lived together when we served in Dickinson, ND and we are great friends.  She is a fantastic missionary and goes above and beyond on everything she does. When I got back to Fairview with Sister House, we had a couple of potential investigators to visit, so we went and saw them, S and P. They were very open to learning so we taught the message of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love teaching the restoration. I love to tell people about the blessing of a modern day prophet and how amazing it is that Christ's gospel has been restored to the earth.  I felt a great amount of authority in testifying of Christ and of President Monson as a prophet as I taught these principles to S and P. They understood it and said they believed it and want to learn more. 

We were so excited to continue working hard after that lesson.  Then on Friday, we drove out to Poplar for a district meeting.  But as soon as we left there we both got really sick with the stomach flu and had to stay inside the rest of the day. President Hess gave us permission to watch Disney movies so we watched Tangled and Beauty and the Beast.  On Saturday we got up but had no energy.  We attempted to go tracting but realized we couldn't do it after 12 hours of throwing up so we stayed in bed that day too.  Sunday we felt a little better, not great, but good enough to go to a lesson we had set up. 


With all the time that we had friday and Saturday and some of Sunday, being sick with the flu, I was able to study from the scriptures a lot! Not as much as I would have liked, because most the time I just slept, but more than I usually do in a day. I love reading about Christ and His life. The gospels are incredible. I studied Christlike attributes and tried to decide which ones I needed to do better on.  The most amazing part is that I seen have Christlike attributes in all of my recent converts and so many of my investigators and I realized how much these people have taught me. Stefaney Williams, the first I person (and first baptism) I taught on my mission taught me humility. The Wilkey's taught me hope. Winston Jessop taught me diligence! The Humphrey family definitely taught me charity and patience. Brother Hagen also taught me about charity and Tessa Hill definitely emulates virtue. There are more but those are just a few that come to mind. I encourage everyone to study Christ's life and think about at least one attribute you are doing well on and one that you can improve on. 
 

Scripture to ponderize this week:
Matthew 9: 11-13

11: And when the Pharisees  saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

12: But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

13: But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
 
When you read this think about how much the Savior loves each one of us.  During the times in our lives when we don't feel worthy we are more likely to avoid praying. But these are the times when the Savior wants to draw near to us and he wants us to draw near to Him.  He doesn't only love us when we are doing everything right; he loves us all the time and expressed this to the Pharisees when He said "They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick."  I have seen this on my mission.  When we are teaching people it isn't difficult to feel Christ's love for them.  But the times I felt it strongest was when I was teaching those "rough around the edges" people who struggled with living clean lives.  To feel the Savior's love for these people is amazing! No matter what we are never alone and He never stops loving us.
 
Have a great week!
 
Love, Sister Park

No comments: