Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Choose You This Day Whom Ye Will Serve

Hello!  First of all, I want you to know that I prayed about what I should write today.  I am not going to share stories about my week.  Instead I want to share some thoughts with you. 


I understand there is a lot of controversy about the church right now. I have a front row seat to this even though I cannot and do not watch the news, I get to be out among the world, representing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, teaching non-members and less active members.  

The world changes.  We know that and have seen it change rapidly in the last few years.  Because of these changes, our Prophet and apostles are directed to also make changes.  These are not last minute changes made by men. These are changes that have been laid out by God from the beginning to counteract the changing world.  The Lord never changes.  He is always the same.  Just because we see changes within the church does not mean that our leaders are changing doctrine. They introduce it in the Lord's time when the world needs it or is ready for it.  Changes have happened from the beginning of time. If you look at the bible from the beginning all the way to modern day revelation we receive now, you will see that things have always changed.  It has always been the plan and the plan has never changed. We all want clear explanations for doctrine we are given but we cannot always have them when we want. Read Ether 12:6 which says "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." One day the answers will come.  But for right now we must show that we are willing to obey and after we have faith we shall receive a witness.

Sometimes the popular things of the world are not in line with God's plan and we are seeing more and more lately what it means to live in the world but not of the world.  This means that we must choose between the two. We are taught in the Bible that man cannot serve two masters. If you are not following the commandments of God, you are not serving Him. If you are not serving Him, who are you serving? 

Living the gospel can be hard but I would not leave my family, who I love very much, for a year and a half; I wouldn't get doors slammed in my face every day; I wouldn't tract in twenty below in the winter; I would not do the things I am doing right now if this church was not the restored gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth today. Not just some of it is true, all of it is true. 

This is the time for people to decide who they want to serve. If we don't decide now we might be able to decide one day.  I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth by a man named Joseph Smith. If anyone ever has any questions about the changes in the world and what to believe, don't go look on facebook for your answer!  Ask the one person who knows everything, who is our Father in Heaven! Pray about it, for crying out loud! Don't listen to anything but the spirit, it is the ONLY source of divine truth for us here in this crazy world!  As missionaries we invite others to come unto Christ but we don't go to the Missionary Training Center for two weeks and learn a fancy sales pitch or mind game tricks.  We learn how to present the gospel and then ask each individual to pray about it and know for themselves.  That is all you have to do for yourselves.  Turn to the scriptures and pray.  The field really is white and ready to harvest all over the world. Opposition is everywhere! Who are you going serve?  The world is trying to make sin seem normal and if we oppose sin we are accused of being hateful and unloving.  We don't need to accept sin to be compassionate and christlike.  

Joshua 24:15 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Love, Sister Park

No comments: