Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Back to Minnesota

Hello wonderful people!

Saturday morning we received a phone call, letting us know that I am getting transferred this Thursday! I am going back to my favorite state in the world, MINNESOTA! I served my first area in Bemidji, Minnesota. I am not going back to Bemidji, but I will serve in Moorhead, Minnesota, which is right across the river from Fargo, North Dakota. Moorhead is basically Fargo, I am pretty sure. I will be serving in the Fargo 1st ward. My companion is going to be Sister Richins.  I am so excited because this is my first time my entire mission that I do not have to pink wash or open an area.

You will never guess who is taking my place in Fairview, MT... Sister Miles, the missionary I trained in Sidney, MT. So she will still be in the Sidney Ward, just in the other area. She is following my footsteps- Like mother, like daughter. 

Though I am excited to go to Moorhead, I am sad to leave Fairview and the Sidney ward. These people are wonderful! I was going to send pictures of me with some of my favorite people, but I just realized, about 30 seconds ago, that I left my camera in the car so I will include them next time. 
Last week was busy with a lot of administrative things: Planning a training to give at ZTM, driving four hours to Bismarck, MLC, the temple, driving four more hours back home, planning the training some more, and ZTM. However, I was very grateful for the experiences I had at MLC and ZTM.  Our training was on being OCD missionaries: obedient, consecrated, dignified. I learned so much just from giving the training and hearing the testimonies of the wonderful missionaries in the Glendive, Montana zone. I will miss this zone! 

On Friday we taught an amazing lesson at dinner with a member family, who had their friend, D over. He is not a member, but has been coming to church and is ready to take the lessons. He has been surrounded by members his whole life and notices the difference in our services rather than others he has been to.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful week! Next time I email will be from the other side of the mission! Just a side note, this will probably be my last area, seeing that I have two transfers left, which means I am going to have a sweet Fargo accent. Also, who gets called to the South Dakota mission and never serves in South Dakota? Me. I love you, bye!

Sister Park

No comments: