Saturday, December 19, 2015

Moorhead/Fargo

Hello!

So, last week was insane. On Wednesday I was transferred and travelled all day long- I never want to sit down again. It was really hard to leave Sidney/Fairview though. I love the people there SO much! Now I am in area #5.  Moorhead is great and there are a lot of good people here. I LOVE being in Minnesota again. Minnesota is home, however, I am in a completely different part of Minnesota than when I started. Moorhead is right across the river from Fargo. We serve in the Fargo first ward. The ward is great and I can tell I am going to love it here just like every other area I have served in.  

This is a different experience for me since I have only pink-washed/opened before now.  In the past, people seemed to instantly like me and my companions and welcomed a change of pace in the missionary work.  Now I really need to try and get people to like me.  This ward is very partial to elders- I am going to work hard to change that. :) 

My new companion is Sister Richins.  She is very sweet and pretty funny too!  We are getting to know each other really well and I feel like we are already pretty close.

The work in this area is very slow right now but I did meet two investigators that Sister RIchins and Sister Capson were teaching.  First there is a 17 year old girl named K.  She has a SOLID testimony and wants to be baptized, but her mom will not let her. K is such an incredible, humble person. Listening to her testimony makes me want to strengthen mine. I love the faith that she has, not being able to be baptized but still pressing forward, going to church, meeting with the missionaries. She reminds me so much of Tessa in Sidney who did end up getting baptized before she was eighteen- miracles can happen!  Another person we are teaching is K.  She has 5 kids and they all came t church with her for the first time yesterday. She is on date to be baptized on February 6. 

I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood and for priesthood blessings.  My first few days here were difficult.  I could hardly sleep and I could not eat anything.  So I asked for a blessing and was told in the blessing that my health would be restored immediately.  That night I slept a full 8 hours and my appetite came back the next day.  Now I am hungry all the time- just in time or Christmas!

I really do miss the wonderful people of Sidney/ Fairview. That was a hard transfer, but I only cried once on the way to Fargo from there, so I think I did pretty good! Here are some pictures of some of my favorite people there, who I will always remember! 

Tammy Lundstad

One of my favorite families, the Angelseys!

Little Noah Colson who I seriously considered bringing to Moorhead with me!

Korien, the most awesome little girl in the world.

Adam and Tanny

The Hopes Family

Alice and Sean
Alice Boone
Sam and Patricia

Selfie with Tessa and her mom, Jill

Me, Tessa, and Jill

No comments: