Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Leaving a baptism. I borrowed a members guitar and sang "I Stand All Amazed".
The Zone Leaders snapped this picture as we were leaving.
Merry Christmas!

I don't really have time to write a long email right now, to be honest! But I do want to tell a cool story for the week!

There have been sister missionaries in Moorhead for a very long time and each week they volunteer at a food pantry which is where people go once a month to get free food if they are in need of it.  There is a man named T who works there and loves the missionaries.  I have been determined to teach T about the gospel ever since I met him. I might have the story a little mixed, but Sister Richins said that every time the sisters go in to volunteer they ask T when he is going to meet with them to learn more about our church. Sister Richins told me that T always puts off taking the lessons and says, "yeah maybe another time," so the missionaries ask him every week hoping that eventually he will actually take the lessons! Well, T and I really hit it off. He is such a friendly guy and we always have great conversations.  Last time we went, I was talking to T and finally he asked if we could teach him about our church. He said that he feels like he really wants to learn now. He told me about how he has previously met with missionaries and attended church in Texas. He asked some questions and I briefly explained the restoration (which is my favorite thing to do in the whole entire world so I was pumped.)

T is ready to accept the gospel but here is the problem... He promised he would call to set up a time to meet with us and he hasn't yet. I have never been more determined to teach someone like I am to teach T. Even before I knew how long the sisters have been trying to teach him, I have really wanted to. So please pray that T will let us teach him! We will see him tomorrow and I am going to just open up my planner and have him choose a day and time for us to come over.

K finally bore her testimony to her mom and asked if she could be baptized again. We haven't heard if her mom has answered yet, but PLEASE PRAY FOR K! She wants to be baptized so badly!

The beautiful Sister Richins and me after a baptism last Saturday


Sister Richins and I have become great friends.
 I love this picture because it shows that we have a great time together.

I love you all! Merry Christmas! 
Love, Sister Park

No comments: