Monday, September 29, 2014

Home is where we feel the Savior's love

Fall is here in Bemidji!
It's foggy like this every morning!
Hello! This past week went by way too fast!  I can only write a little because we are going to help an elderly couple move their furniture around and clean their house.
 
Investigator/Reactivation Updates
We taught "S" in the church building last Monday and she loved the lesson and took it very well. It was so inspired to have the lesson take place in the church building because we had a prompting to show her the baptismal font. So we took her to the room and opened it up and explained baptism by immersion. We explained to her how it will happen and I pointed to the front where the little kids look through the glass and said, "Z" (her two year old son) will be able to stand right here and watch you as you are baptized." She smiled so big! She loved that and is so excited for her baptism! The spirit was never stronger than it was than at that moment.
 
Remember Brother "H", the man who came to church to hear us sing?  Well he came to church again yesterday and bore his testimony!!  He stayed for all three hours and met with the bishop to discuss coming back to church to full activity! We were so happy!  Mom, will you put the recording of the song we did for him on my blog?

(This is a link to the song)
 
 
 
Later on Sunday we visited a part member family who we never met before. The dad joined earlier this year and is already less active so we went to see them and his wife told us she would like to take the lessons and learn more. She really loves that families can be together forever! They have the cutest kids ever. I am so excited to teach that sweet family!
 
We are happy missionaries!
 
Home is where we feel the Savior's love
I loved the General Women's Conference on Saturday. It was an answer to my prayers. I have been praying that I would feel at home since I got here! Minnesota is lovely and the people are nice but it is so different from Arizona so I was struggling with feeling at home!  I don't like being homesick so the Bishop gave me a blessing that I would feel at home here.  As soon as I walked into the chapel and heard the prelude music playing Saturday night, I knew that I was home. I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk. I really felt my Heavenly Father's love for me.  Home is not just where we hang our hats.  Home is where we feel our Savior's love.  I know that I am right where He wants me to be. I am His daughter and I am here serving with His other children. I am home. It was just what I needed. I know that wherever we can feel the spirit and wherever Heavenly Father wants us to be, must be home.  I have learned so much about The Savior and His love for us. I can't comprehend it.  None of us can. Its amazing :)
 
Shout-outs
Thank you Grams and Mac for the letter and money.  I love you both!
 
Happy Birthday on Wednesday, Mommy!
 
Happy Birthday, Eric!
 
Happy Birthday, Sister Springer!
 
Love you all!
 
Sister Kendall Park

No comments: