Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Goodbye, North Dakota!

Well, I am getting transferred! I am so not ready to leave Dickinson, but it isn't up to me.  This is not my work and The Lord decided He needs me in Sidney, Montana.  Montana wasn't even in my mission a few months ago.  But since they realigned the mission boundaries we picked up a piece of Montana and that is where I am headed!  I will be training a new missionary while pink washing AGAIN.  There haven't been sisters in Sidney in over fifteen years but President Anderson decided it is time to open it up to sisters. In fact, my new companion and I will be the only sisters in the Glendive Zone. I am nervous. So far, I pink washed my whole mission! I have no idea what it's like to just be a regular companion to someone who knows the area but it will be fun and a new adventure with a brand new sister :)  Sidney is an oil town like Dickinson and the population is mainly male-- but I will be used to that.  I feel like I just got to Dickinson but I know this transfer is right.  I can just feel it!

Yesterday we were under tornado watch.  Luckily we did not have a tornado but I think Bismarck might have had one. Fortunately, Dickinson, the promised land, was safe! But here is a picture taken from our balcony of how much rain we got.



As for my last week in Dickinson, it has been great! W is still doing amazing... better than ever, actually! He has such a strong testimony of the sacrament and started paying his tithing. He plans on bearing his testimony next fast and testimony meeting.  I wish I could be there to hear it.  It's crazy how much you grow to love the people you teach and then have to leave them.  I'm still sad about leaving Bemidji and now I am leaving another place that I love so much.

The Right Place at the Right Time
You know those times when you know that you are in the right place at the exact right time? That happened this week. Sister Capson and I went to the library on Thursday to print out a talk for an investigator. While we were there, an older Native American man was trying to figure out how to use the computer.  So I helped the poor guy with some of the basic functions.  He was very nice and we visited for a little bit. He is from Gallup, New Mexico and has worked in Sanders, St Johns, Eagar, Chinle, Window Rock and a bunch of other towns in that area so we kind of had this instant connection.  But then Sister Capson and I had to leave quickly to get to our appointment.  I didn't set an appointment with this man but I knew I should have and I was just kicking myself. I was so in the zone of getting to our other appointment in time that I didn't fully listen to the spirit.  Well, we all know that when Heavenly Father has a plan, he doesn't give up.  The very next day we get a call from our district leader and his companion. They were on their way home the night before and pulled into Wal-mart last minute to buy some cold medicine because they were feeling sick. Well, Leo, the man we ran into at the library earlier happened to be there.  He saw the missionaries and noticed that their name tags were like ours.  So he approached them and asked if they knew me.  They said yes so he asked them to give us his number because he wanted to learn more about our gospel. We called him and set up a time to meet with him.  We met him at the church building and had planned to teach him the restoration but some of his questions led to us teaching him about Sunday church and the sacrament.  Then we gave him a tour of the church building. We ended the tour in the chapel and asked him to say the closing prayer. He said he had never prayed before but wished he knew how because there were so many times in his life that he needed to talk to God.  So we taught him how to pray, and then he said an awesome heart felt prayer! Unfortunately, I won't be able to help teach Leo but I will definitely have Sister Capson keep me updated on him.

Well I hope everyone has a great week! I can't wait to get to Montana and start a new journey there!

Until next time,

Sister Park

No comments: